Tossa de Mar is an attractive Catalan resort with some lovely historic buildings and plenty of atmosphere. It has a horseshoe shaped beach that is packed with cafes and shops, and a town centre
where you can sample authentic Catalan food and enjoy the lively nightlife.
In the surrounding area:
- "Santa Cruz-San Feliu" coastal road
- Lively coastal resorts: San Feliu, Playa d'Aro, Lloret de Mar
- Pals: medieval town further inland (58 km away)
- Botanical gardens in Blanes
- Dali museum in Figueres (95 km away)
(100 km away): Gaudi architecture (the Sagrada Familia Church, Casa Mila, Casa Battló, Güell Park), the museum of contemporary art and its charming quarters steeped in history (la Rambla, the Gothic quarter), etc.
- Montserrat (60 km west of Barcelona): The peculiar tower-like rock formations on this 1,200-metre mountain make it look like it has been serrated with a saw. Visit the Benedictine monastery of Santa Maria, a place of pilgrimage.