1. Why have your residences and villages been closed?
We are applying the latest government directives concerning the closure of "non-essential public places".
2. Do customers with an upcoming stay have to inform us that they will not be coming?
No action is necessary for all customers with a reservation in the coming weeks (March 15 to June 4, 2020). The stay is being cancelled. If customers have not heard from us within 30 days following the cancellation of the stay we invite customers to contact our Customer Service Team directly.
Customers will receive a refund credit note corresponding to the amount already paid. This refund credit note will be valid for 18 months from the date of issue and can be redeemed against a new booking upto December 15, 2021, in any of our residences or villages.
3. My stay has been curtailed, what am I entitled to?
If your stay has been curtailed, you will receive a refund credit note by e-mail with a pro-rata value equivalent to the number of days remaining in your stay. You can use this refund credit note to book a new stay no later than 18 months from the date of issue of the refund credit note.
4. When will I receive my refund credit note?
You will receive your refund credit note by e-mail in the coming weeks.
5. How does it work if I have only paid the deposit and not the full amount?
Customers will receive a refund credit note equivalent to the full amount paid to date and not the full amount of the reservation.
6. What happens to customers whose original stay was partially paid using a gift card?
Customers will receive a refund credit note equivalent to the full amount paid, including the amount of the gift card.
7. How does the refund credit note being received via email work? What are the conditions of this refund credit note?
The refund credit note permits you to make a new booking, the email that accompanies your refund credit note will give all the information you’ll need to make this booking.
- The refund credit note is valid for a period of 18 months from the date of issue, and must be completed by December 15, 2021 in a residence or village of your choice, in the same brand of your initial stay and on the same airline if the initial stay included airline transportation.
- The new reservation (date and / or residence) is subject to availability.
- If the price of the new reservation is higher, the customer will have to pay the price difference.
- If the price of the new reservation is lower, the price difference remains available on your refund credit note valid only against a new reservation (with a validity of 18 months from the date of issue of your initial refund credit note).
- The refund credit note cannot be redeemed for cash until 18 months has passed and cannot be spent on site against extras at the residence or village
- Please visit the Pierre & Vacances website or contact Customer Service to make the modification.
- If you’re original reservation included insurance, the value of your original reservation is the total amount paid for your reservation, which includes the insurance premium.
- Please note that all the standard general conditions of sale apply to the reservation.
- For cancellations after 15/09/2020 of new bookings or stays,the general conditions of sale apply.How to use your refund credit note?
To use your refund credit note, you must first make the reservation with our Customer Service, then request that payment is made using your refund credit note by following this link https://contactandpay.contactariane.com
. Select "Payment", then "Credit" and finally by entering the reference of your credit. Subject to its non-use and upon registration by our services, you will receive a confirmation that it have been used for payment.8. I would like to use my refund credit note but the new stay is cheaper, how does it work? What happens if the new stay is more expensive?
If the new stay is cheaper, the difference will be valid as additional credit, valid during the period of validity of the initial refund credit note.If the new stay is more expensive, the difference between the new price and the refund credit note will have to be paid.9. Are customers being reimbursed?
Exceptional measures have been put in place by the government to maintain the economic, financial and social stability and in particular to that of the tourism sector, by specifically authorizing tourism professionals to issue a refund credit note for stays canceled due to this health crisis.If you hold a reservation that is affected, your stay is being cancelled. A refund credit note which corresponds to the amount that you have already paid for your stay.
This refund credit note will be valid for 18 months from the date of issue and can be redeemed against bookings made before December 15, 2021, in a residence or village of your choice.
If, however, after 18 months you are unable to book a new stay, we will reimburse your stay in full.10. Have you added additional resources to your teams, for example in the Customer Service teams?
All of our employee teams are working extremely hard to respond to our customer questions as quickly as possible. If your stay is not within the next 7 days, we ask you not to call our Customer Service immediately so that we can help and respond to the customers for whom the stay is in progress or imminent. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. We are doing our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
11. When do you expect to return to normal?
We will follow the government and health authority guidelines
12. I would like to go to the French mountains from June 4th and I can't book?
We were forced to close all our residences and villages following the decisions announced by the government. The reopening of our French mountain sites will be in July subject to the measures of the public health authorities.
13. I would like to go to Andorra from June 4th and I can't book?
We were forced to close all our residences and villages following the decisions announced by the government. The reopening of our sites in Andorra will be in June subject to the measures of the public health authorities.
14. Why are the reopening dates different from country to country?
Pierre & Vacances has to comply with the directives of the various governments of each country in which we are operating in.
15. Can I cancel my reservation?
Note: all requests for cancellations and changes to reservations are handled by Customer Service.
Cancellations made between March 1 and September 15, 2020 are subject to Ordinance No. 2020-315 of March 25, 2020 relating to the financial conditions for the resolution of certain tourist travel and stay contracts in the event of exceptional and unavoidable circumstances or force majeure.
We will offer you a refund credit note, the value of which corresponds to the full amount you have paid, to be used 18 months from the date of issue. With this refund credit note you will be able to book a new stay to be completed by December 15, 2021. Information on how to use the refund credit note will be provided to you in the email that accompanies the refund credit note.
Excluding the above-mentioned period, if you wish to cancel your reservation, the general conditions of sale apply.
16. I have a reservation but I am unable to do the online check-in
This service is available in the majority of our french residences with the exception of the following:
Athamante et Valériane, Bleu Marine, Cannes Verrerie, Cap Esterel, Costa Plana, La Marelle et Le Rami, La Résidence du Lac, La Rostagne, L'Albane, L'Alpaga, L'Ange Gardien, L'Anse de Pramousquier, le Chamois Blanc, Le Domaine de Bordaberry, Le Hameau du Lac, le Machu Pichu, Le Pic de Chabrières, Le schuss, Les Chalets de Solaise, Les Chalets des Arolles, Les Constellations, Les Fermes de Méribel, Les Horizons D’Huez, Les Mélèzes, Les Océanes, Les Restanques du Golfe de St-Tropez, Les Rivages des Issambres, Les Sentiers du Tueda, Les Temples du Soleil, Les Terrasses d'Azur, Les Valmonts, L'Hermine, L'Ours Blanc, Port du Crouesty, Port-Bourgenay et Sépia