The 3 castles of Husseren-les-Châteaux stand out extraordinarily in the landscape. Head off on a walk of approximately 10 kilometres, over 3 hours with a 370m height difference to reach the summit. Built between the 11th and the 13th century, 3 keeps remain today which, at the time, formed a single castle. Once you have reached the summit, you will discover a view over the plains which is worth the effort.
Built on a hill which has been inhabited since the bronze age and which dominates the village of Wintzenheim, the château du Hohlandsbourg is classed as a historical Monument.
Construction began in 1279 under the impetus of the Habsbourgs by Siegfried von Gundolsheim, the château underwent many changes of ownership.
The Thirty Years' War dealt it a fatal blow: the French used explosives and fire to overcome the fortress. Only the walls were left standing.
Following extensive restoration in the mid 80s, the château du Hohlandsbourg constitutes a key tourist point of interest in Alsace.
Situated in a former monastery, this museum draws in excess of 300 000 visitors every year… The collections within span from local archaeology to modern art, with a collection of paintings ranging from Monet to Bonnard and Picasso.
Famous for the $ altarpiece, dated to the 16th century, the museum is also home to a selection of Rhineland primitive paintings and sculptures including La Mélancolie, signed Lucas Cranach, and Portrait de Femme by Hans Holbien l'Ancien.
Born in Colmar, it was only natural that Auguste Bartholdi (1834-1904) the famous creator of the monumental statue of Liberty in New York would have a museum devoted to him.
His birth place which has been transformed into the Bartholdi Museum is home to a host of sketches and small size sculptures, helping to appreciate his art from a new perspective.
The personal objects and family furniture kept at the Bartholdi Museum shed a more intimate light on theartist.
Built in 1609 for the merchant Anton Burger, the Maison des Têtes (House of the Heads) became a restaurant in 1898 and today is also a hotel.
Its gabled facade, elegant and refined, perfectly embodies Renaissance-style German architecture.
Covered with sculpted heads, hence its name, the house also has an oriel stretching over three floors.