No accommodation available for these dates
Discover many riches the Algarve has to offer, in southern Portugal, 3 km east of Carvoeiro, between Faro (65 km) and Portimão (18 km):
- The Vale de Centeanes beaches (1 km), Carvalho (2 km) and Carvoeiro (3 km).
- The picturesque village of Carvoeiro (3 km away), framed by a cliff, a classic Algarve landscape: its fishing huts and restaurants nearby, fishing boats which offer excursions out to sea.
- Benagil caves (3 km away): Benagil beach and its magnificent marine caves cutting into the cliff are an unmissable part of your stay. Explore on foot from the beach or by boat.
Carvoeiro (3 km away): on the cliff overlooking the sea are the remains of the fort walls of Nossa Senhora da Conceição, dating from the 17th century. Near the village, don't miss the unusual rock formations of Algar Seco beaten by the wind and the Atlantic Ocean, as well as the romantic Lover's Terrace.
- Ferragudo (12 km away): this old fishing village has certainly preserved its picturesque character with its hodgepodge of tiered houses and typical streets filled with white painted houses, overlooked by a church on top of a hill.
- Portimão (18 km away): located in the Alvor estuary, it is one of the Algarve's most popular towns. The estuary is a refuge for a number of migratory bird species and is also where salt and shellfish are harvested. There are plenty of restaurants on the port and you can try the local fish and seafood specialities, not forgetting the traditional desserts, "morgados ", "bolas de ovo" (egg cakes) and "figos cheios" (stuffed figs) made from figs and almonds. You can also stroll around the old town's picturesque boutiques or explore the local craft scene which prizes lace-weaving and basketry skills. Other things to say in the Portimao area: the ruins of a Roman villa on the Abicada archaeological site.
- Portugal is an excellent golfing destination and the country boasts a number of courses, some of which host well-known international competitions: Vale de Milho (500 m away), Gramacho (4 km), Vale da Pinta (4 km).