The Praia d'EL Rey Beach and Resort residence is located in Amoreira, on the Portuguese Atlantic coast in the region of Obidos.
Worth seeing in Obidos and the surrounding area:
- Óbidos (20km away): a small, very picturesque and well-preserved medieval town. Don't miss: Igreja Matriz de Santa Maria, Igreja da Misericórdia and Igreja Igreja de São Pedro churches - the aqueduct and Senhor Jesus da Pedra sanctuary, outside the city walls - a walking tour of the city walls. Must-try food: fish from the lagoon and the local cherry liqueur drunk from a small chocolate cup.
- Caldas da Rainha (20 km): a spa resort famous since the 15th century, the town is known for its beautiful ceramics, which you can learn about at the Ceramic Museum.
- Peniche (18 km away): an important fishing port in Portugal, Peniche is also known for its beaches, some of which are loved by surfers.
- Golf : Portugal is an excellent golfing destination and the country boasts a number of courses, some of which host well-known international competitions. Courses in the vicinity of the residence: Bom Sucesso (13 km away) - Guardian Sucesso golf course, a par-72, 18-hole course designed by Donald Steel - Praia del Rey Golf Course, an 18-hole course designed by Cabell B. Robinson, Par 72 - Royal Óbidos Spa & Golf Resort (7 km), 18-hole course designed by Severiano Ballesteros, Par 72.
- The beaches: the Praia D'El Rey beach and the Peniche de Cima beaches (18 km away).