Bom Sucesso Resort is located 85 km from Lisbon, 13 km from the medieval town of Óbidos and close to the banks of the eponymous lagoon.
Worth seeing in Óbidos and the surrounding area:
- Óbidos (13 km away): a small, very picturesque and well-preserved medieval town. Don't miss: Igreja Matriz de Santa Maria, Igreja da Misericórdia and Igreja Igreja de São Pedro churches - the aqueduct and Senhor Jesus da Pedra sanctuary, outside the city walls - a walking tour of the city walls. Food: fish from the lake and regional cherry liqueur drunk from a tiny chocolate cup.
- Caldas da Rainha (17 km): a spa resort famous since the 15th century, the town is known for its beautiful ceramics, which you can learn about at the Ceramic Museum.
- Peniche (28 km): an important fishing port in Portugal, Peniche is also known for its beaches, some of which are loved by surfers.
- The Berlgena islands: boat trip leaving from Peniche which draws up alongside the bottom of a fort dating to 1676. The archipelago of Berlenga is composed of several islets located 10 km from Peniche. Nature Reserve famous for diving.
- Golf : Portugal is an excellent golfing destination and the country boasts a number of courses, some of which host well-known international competitions. Courses in the vicinity of the residence: in the residence itself - Guardian Sucesso golf course, an 18-hole, par-72 course designed by Donald Steel - Praia del Rey Golf Course (10 km away), an 18-hole course designed by Cabell B. Robinson, Par 72 - Royal Óbidos Spa & Golf Resort (7 km), 18-hole course designed by Severiano Ballesteros, Par 72.