The Sol Garden Istra hotel is located in the magnificent Katoro complex, just a few steps from the Adriatic Sea and a few kilometres from Umag, on the north-west coast of Istria.
Worth seeing in and around Umag:
- Umag and its famous ATP tennis stadium, where the Croatia Open Umag tennis tournament is hosted each summer.
- Laguna Beach, one of the most beautiful blue flag beaches in Croatia.
- Rovinj (68 km away): Its old town centre, gates and ramparts, St Euphemia church, the Baptistery of the Holy Trinity, the Franciscan monastery and the castle on St. Andrew's Island.
- Pazin (58 km away): Pazin castle, St Nicholas church, the Franciscan monastery, the souvenir shop, the former school of Pazin, the Episcopal Seminary, Pazin Island and the caves of Pazin. Walking, hiking, horse riding and other activities are all available for sports lovers.
- Porec (42 km away): The North Tower, the Pentagonal Tower, the cannon, the medieval ramparts and the Euphrasian Basilica, Baredine cave, Marko's cave, Pincin's cave, the copse of large trees in front of the St Ana church in Cervar. For sports fans: scuba diving, jet ski, fishing, sailing, water skiing, walking, biking, golf, hunting and paintball.
- Brioni National Park (43 km away): A group of 14 islands and islets situated along the western coast of Istria, close to Pula. The Park is particularly famous for its nature reserve with several hundred species of plants and indigenous animals. It is also home to lots of imported animals such as zebra, sheep from Somalia, zebus from India, camels, llamas, elephants, etc.
- Also worth a visit: The dinosaur footprints found on the island of Veliki Brijun, the archaeological museum situated in a Venetian château dating from the 16th century, the small gothic Church of St Germanus.