The Badus residence is a stone's throw from Badesi, a small village on the north-west coast of Sardinia along the well-preserved coastline that boasts 8 km of white sandy beaches.
Worth seeing in Badesi and the surrounding area:
- The centre of Badesi village is pleasant for a stroll: the church was constructed at the start of the 20th century. This coastal village was established recently in the 18th century on a hillside near to the mouth of the Coghinas, one of the most important rivers in Sardinia, and it enjoys a unique panorama over Isola Rossa and Rocher de Castelsardo.
- The famous summer carnival in Badesi takes place each year on the night of 13 August.
- Badesi's gastronomic street fair takes place on 8 August, with taster sessions of typical dishes and Gallura specialties.
- The beaches: Li Junchi beach 2 km away from the residence, Li Mindi beach, the "Baia delle Mimose", ideal for children and surf lovers, the beach at Cala Canneddi near to Isola Rossa.
- Castelsardo (21 km away): its castle has been transformed into a craft museum and it has views over the surrounding area, little Sant'Antonio cathedral and an attractive black stone bell tower with a majolica roof.
- Isola Rossa and its red rocks that stretch out into the turquoise water.