Grand Baie is in the north of the island. Once a fishing village, it is now a must-see attraction considered to be the "Saint-Tropez" of Mauritius:
- Grand Baie has plenty of entertainment and activities to suit every taste: beaches, water sports, shopping, lounge bars and nightclubs as well as restaurants offering fine dining plus Chinese or Indian cuisine.
- The north of the island is famous for its diving sites. You can also try underwater walking, big-game fishing and sailing. It's also the most popular destination for sailing boats as they cross the Indian Ocean.
- The North's most beautiful beaches can be found within a 10 km radius: the stunning curve of Mont Choisi beach, which runs from Trou aux Biches to Grand Baie, delightful Pereybère cove, or the beaches at Grand Baie or Trou aux Biches, in the shade of the casuarina trees.
- Catamaran cruises are available and depart from Grand Baie to explore the north coast and dive off the island into the lagoon's crystal blue waters.
- There are plenty of trips out less than 30 minutes from your residence: Cap Malheureux with its red roofed church facing the bay, Maheswarnath temple, the largest Hindu temple on the island at Triolet Shivala, the "Paul and Virginie" monument at Poudre d'Or, Pamplemousse with its botanical garden filled with a range of species from across the world including giant water lilies plus its old cemetery, its 18th century church and sugar museum, Labourdonnais château and fruit orchards at Mapou.
- The capital city of Port Louis (45 mins by car) offers a whole range of cultural trips out: the historic "Fort Adélaïde" Citadel and its magnificent view of the town, the Blue Penny Museum which hosts one of the world's rarest stamps, the seafront at Caudan with its many brand-name clothes shops, craft shops, restaurants, bars, cinemas and a casino, the Indian Ocean's oldest theatre, and the Central Market famous for its characteristic atmosphere where you'll find local craft products, produce and spices, clothing and more.
- The Le Domaine des Alizées residence is approximately a 1 hour 30 minute drive from Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam international airport.