No accommodation available for these dates
Cap Ouest is also in the perfect location for Flic en Flac beach in Wolmar. This charming village, sheltered from the wind almost the entire year, is the departure point for many trips. Discover the natural wonders of Mauritius's west coast, within a 40-minute drive by car:
- Flic en Flac, its water sports and evening entertainment.
- Swimming with dolphins in Tamarin bay.
- Catamaran cruises are available departing from Rivière Noire bay to explore the west coast, watch the groups of dolphins and dive off the island into the lagoon's crystal blue waters.
- Casela Park nature and leisure park (approximately 30 km from Flic en Flac) and its 14 hectares of grounds are home to a wide range of flora and fauna: 1500 birds, cats, zebras, ostriches, giant tortoises, macaques, African antelopes and more. Have fun as you explore them on an excursion by quad bike, segway, etc.
- The seven coloured clearing at Chamarel and its impressive waterfalls reaching heights of almost 100 m. The Rhumerie de Chamarel rum distillery where you can taste one of the world's finest rums.
- The Gorges de Rivière Noire national park, in the mountainous south-west corner of the island: famous for its waterfalls, views and hiking trails, it is 6754 hectares in size and is one of the last refuges for wild, abundant flora and fauna.
- The Domaine des 7 Vallées, a natural environment covering over 4,000 hectares reserved for eco-tourism, offering hikes on foot or horse trekking as well as activities such as quad biking, mountain biking and a farm-school for children.
- Grand Bassin, an expanse of natural water in the crater of an extinct volcano, is a Hindu place of worship, surrounded by statues representing the different Hindu gods.
- The capital city of Port Louis (45 mins by car) offers a whole range of cultural trips out: the historic "Fort Adélaïde" Citadel and its magnificent view of the town, the Blue Penny Museum which hosts one of the world's rarest stamps, the seafront at Caudan with its many brand-name clothes shops, craft shops, restaurants, bars, cinemas and a casino, the Indian Ocean's oldest theatre, and the Central Market famous for its characteristic atmosphere where you'll find local craft products, produce and spices, clothing and more.
- The Cap Ouest residence is less than a 1-hour drive from Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam international airport.