Finden Sie den perfekten Urlaub
TheMaison du Cygne, a building dating back to the start of the 20th century, is a major art centre on a département-level but also a regional and even national one.
The choice of numerous French and foreign artists to exhibit in this place is a testament to the importance of this place.
In addition, you can also visit the garden of the Maison, a peaceful place where it is great to walk.
The Notre-Dame de l'Immaculée Conception Cathedral of Antibes was probably built on a shrine dedicated to Diana. The building was awarded the title of cathedral as for many years it was home to the Bishop of Antibes.
Although renovated throughout the centuries (the seventeenth, eighteenth and twentieth) the original building was built in the twelfth century, as proven by the square bell of the old lookout tower. The ochre cathedral facade was classified as an Historical Monument after the Second World War.
Menton town hall was built in the Italian style. The building is home to a splendid wedding hall created by the poet Jean Cocteau. Jean Cocteau lived in Menton for a few years before his death in 1963.
At the request of the Mayor Francis Palmero, Jean Cocteau decorated the room between 1957 and 1958. The artist did everything, from the murals to the wooden doors, the candelabras and the imitation leopard skin rugs.
The Picasso Museum, part of Antibes-Juan les Pins' Museum was founded on the ancient acropolis of the Greek town of Antipolis. Up until the beginning of the seventeenth century, the castle was inhabited by theGrimaldi family.
In 1925, the castle was bought by the town of Antibes and transformed into a history and archaeology museum. Only in 1966 was the museum named Picasso and became the first museum dedicated to a living artist.
During his time spent in Antibes, Picasso realized many works (paintings, drawings, tapestries, and ceramics): the collection given by the artist to the town forms part of the museum collection.
This collection will be completed by numerous donations and acquisitions by the town.
The Vieux Port de Saint-Raphaël is located in centre of down town, continuing the Commandant Guilbaud's promenade or the Cours Jean Bart.
In the morning, at dawn, the fishermen moor their boats and unload their fish, then go to the fish markets.
Shaded by centenary plane trees, you'll love to stroll along the quay and admire the splendid view over the port.