Finden Sie den perfekten Urlaub
Plaza de la Constitución was the first square in the city: its name dates back to 1841. The living proof of its history is the ficus tree planted in front of the Church of Virgen del Rosario, which sits on the square.
This square is the nerve centre of the city, for residents and visitors alike, with its surrounding streets full of shops and restaurants.
It's an extremely vibrant place which is always busy even on Sundays and public holidays.
200,000 m² of greenery! That is what is on offer at the Paloma Park. Feel free to enjoy this green space located less than 300 metres from the coast. Opened in the 1990's it is ideal for romantic strolls, picnics or simply to take the time to relax. Plus, there are many animals living in this park: goats, donkeys, peacocks and rabbits are a delight to see. The park is also home to one of the most diverse cactus collections in Europe: over 2,000 specimens and more than 450 different varieties are on display. This lovely place perfectly combines relaxation, nature and discovery.
The construction of Seville Cathedral began in 1402 and was only completed in the 16th century. With its Gothic style and imposing architecture, it has naturally become the little sister of Rome’s Saint Peter’s Basilica and acts as a mother figure for other Spanish cathedrals. Its bell tower was built using a former mosque minaret that bore the name Giralda.
Seville’s Museum of Fine Arts is home to the largest collection in the region and is regularly on the trail of works from the country’s major art galleries, including Madrid’s Prado national museum and art gallery. Zurbarán, Murillo, Velázquez, El Greco and Goya are just some of the prestigious artists whose work is kept in the former Merced Calzada de la Asunción convent.
The Maestranza or Plaza de Toros arena is widely considered as the oldest on the Iberian peninsula and is a perfect symbol of the Andalucian passion and fervour for bullfighting. With a capacity of over 12,000 and its impressive looking arcades, this monument has achieved legendary status amongst the local population.